Safety Information: Concentrator
Doctor’s Prescription: Oxygen at __ liters per minute __ (cont., PRN, etc.)
- Well-ventilated area (not in a closet).
- Away from walls, drapes, curtains, bedspreads, etc.
- Away from combustible materials (grease, lotions, solvents, etc.).
- At least 8 feet from heat sources (smoking, matches, stoves, heaters, toasters, hair dryers, etc.)
- Plug into appropriate electrical outlet. DO NOT plug into extension cords or multi-outlet adapters.
- Do not use as a table. Never place anything on top of concentrator (drinks,plants, books, papers, covers, etc.
- Turn on concentrator with power switch:
- Motor should begin to run.
- Alarm will sound for a few seconds until pressure is reached.
- Adjust liter flow:
- Rotary Flow Control: turn the knob until prescribed liter flow appears
- “Tube” Flowmeter: adjust the knob until the middle of the ball is at the prescribed liter flow.
- Fit the nasal cannula to face:
- Insert the 2 prongs into nose: prongs must point upward and curve into nostrils.
- Slide tubing over and behind each ear.
- Slide adjuster upward under the chin - NOT TOO TIGHT!
- Use the Concentrator:
- At the prescribed liter flow - no more no less.
- For the number of hours each day as prescribed.
- For the prescribed activities.
Cleaning and disinfection:
- Clean Tubing, Nasal Cannula and Humidifier Jar as directed in the Cleaning Instructions provided to you.
- Wipe concentrator cabinet with clean, damp (water only) cloth.never spray anything on or into concentrator, such as fantastic, formula 409, pinesou etc.
- Clean air inlet filter weekly:
- Remove filter element.
- Wash in warm, soapy water
- Rinse completely.
- Squeeze in paper towel to dry.
- Replace filter element.
- Never smoke while using the concentrator.
- Keep away from open flame.
- Use only in a well-ventilated area.
- Never use oil based products, such as:
- Oily lotions or creams.
- Never change liter flow without your doctor’s permission.
- Clean concentrator supplies as directed.
- If alarm sounds:;
- Make sure plug is in outlet;
- Make sure outlet has power (check fuse/circuit breaker);
- Check concentrator Circuit breaker;
- Use back-up oxygen supply.
- No oxygen flowing from nasal cannuia:
- Check for loose tubing connections;
- Check for loose humidifier jar
- Check for bubbles in humidifier or place nasal cannuia in glass of water and check for bubbles
- Check for blocked inlet filter;
Call your oxygen provider's office (telephone number provided in your Customer Information Handbook) if you have problems or questions.