Resources & Education: Financial Policy
All service requires prior verification of insurance coverage. If this is not possible due to a weekend or after-hours setup, verification must be done on the next business day.
- We do not guarantee coverage of, or payment of insurance claim
- We do not guarantee any time-frame for processing of insurance claims or subsequent billing from our office. It will be done in as timely a manner as possible.
Insurance Coverage Customer‘s Responsibility:
- Provide us with all insurance information necessary to file your claim
- Notify our office of any changes or loss of insurance coverage
- Pay all deductible and balance remaining after secondary insurance is filed
- Payment of all claims not covered by insurance.
- Any arrangements or agreement for payment other than those described above must have approval from Home Patient Services. Special terms and approval signature must be documented on original paperwork
If Medicare is your insurance carrier and denies payment, you will be notified. At that time, if you wish to keep the equipment, it will be converted to private rental. If Medicare assignment is accepted, at no time will the charges on those items be more than the yearly deductible plus the 20% that Medicare does not pay. In many cases, the deductible amount and the 20% is paid by other insurance. We will follow through with the appeal process on Medicare claims that are denied. This will be done on non-assigned claims at the customer‘s request.
The customer is also advised that:
- Inexpensive, routinely purchased durable medical equipment may be rented or purchased.
- There will be a minimum of one month rental on all equipment rentals.
- Any charges incidental to the use or operation of the equipment (such as electricity/batteries) is the responsibility of the customer.
- There is no charge for delivery or pick-up of rental equipment.
- All claims, assigned or non-assigned, will be filed on behalf of the patient.